8 Perfect Arm Workout and Exercises For Building Muscles
2.Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press
- Lie back on a flat bench. Using a close grip (around shoulder width), lift the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms locked. This will be your starting position.
- As you breathe in, come down slowly until you feel the bar on your middle chest. you keep the elbows close to the torso at all times in order to maximize triceps involvement.
- After a second pause, bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out and push the bar using your triceps muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, hold for a second and then start coming down slowly again.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- When you are done, place the bar back in the rack.