10 Perfect Chest Workout and Exercises For Building Muscles
1.Barbell Bench Press
- Lie flat on a bench and set your hands just outside of shoulder width.
- Set your shoulder blades by pinching them together and driving them into the bench.
- Take a deep breath and allow your spotter to help you with the lift off in order to maintain tightness through your upper back.
- Let the weight settle and ensure your upper back remains tight after lift off.
- Inhale and allow the bar to descend slowly by unlocking the elbows.
- Lower the bar in a straight line to the base of the sternum (breastbone) and touch the chest.
- Push the bar back up in a straight line by pressing yourself into the bench, driving your feet into the floor for leg drive, and extending the elbows.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.