10 Perfect Back Workout and Exercises For Building Muscles
6. Reverse-Grip Smith Machine Row
- Set up for the smith machine bent over row by lowering the bar on the smith machine all the way and adding the weight you want to use.
- Stand facing the bar and grip the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up), with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Stand straight up to take the weight off the machine.
- Straighten your back, bend at the knees slightly, and slowly let the weight down until it’s just below your knees. This is the start position.
- Keeping your body fixed, pull the weight up until it almost hits your body.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.