10 Perfect Back Workout and Exercises For Building Muscles
9. Decline Bench Dumbbell Pull-Over
- Lie perpendicular on a bench with only your upper back and shoulders being supported by the surface. Your head and lower body should be extending off the bench, with your lower body acting as a counterbalance.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands directly above your chest, with your arms almost fully extended and your palms facing each other.
- Exhale as you slowly lower the dumbbell in a backward arc behind your head until your elbows are level with your ears.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you slowly raise the dumbbell back over your head to the starting position using the same arcing motion.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.